calling for hugday targets

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:22:01 BST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 12:06 -0400, Mike Rooney wrote:
> > Dereck,
> >
> > I know that we've had a kernel hug day recently (within the last couple of
> > months I think), but the kernel seems to be the one main thing which is
> > drowning in bugs at the moment and so it could probably really benefit from
> > another hug day in the near future.
> >

> Not a bad idea, it probably could use another one. However, what about
> g-p-m? It plays such an important role for laptop users, and last I
> looked it was sort of a mess, bug wise, with duplicate bugs and plenty
> of Undecided/* and Undecided/New. Plus it will indirectly help work
> out some of the important power related kinks with the new kernel.
> Just a thought!

So, how about a g-p-m hug day one week and a kernel one the week after?

Could we do a usability hug day?  Work on confirming and marking
importance (well, for Bug Control folks...) of different usability bugs?
They're often bitesize bugs, but they have an impact, so tagging them as
bitesize when they are could also help since it tells people just
starting to help out where to look.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo