Trackpad and SOME keys fail after suspend - worked in Alpha Ibex not in beta

Colin Murphy lists at spudulike.me.uk
Tue Oct 14 19:26:42 BST 2008

(I am sorry, my last email effort was a total mess, I blame yahoo.  Here is
the message I meant to post.)

I would like to submit a helpful bug report but I am struggling to get the
info I think you need.

     On my Lenovoa N100 suspend worked well on kernel 2.6.27-2-generic which
came with an Alpha release of Ibex.  With later releases, after a suspend /
resume, the trackpad gives no response and SOME of the keys have confused
mapping - 'u' yields a backspace, 'l' yields '~', 'p' gives '*', to name but
some.  All are keys on the right hand side. Keys on the left hand side seem
to work as expected.

     Seeing as I seem to have access to a working systems, for one kernel at
least, is there any helpful information I can provide to see why suspend
doesn't play quite so nicely in later versions?

     I had found a webpage describing "resume-trace" where some info is
supposed to be placed in RTC memory but I don't think this is working for
me - the RTC doesn't get reset in any case.  Does this output mean anything?

root at colin-laptop:/home/colin/Bugs/working# sync; echo 1
> /sys/power/pm_trace; /etc/acpi/sleep.sh force
cat: /etc/network/run/ifstate: No such file or directory
cat: /etc/network/run/ifstate: No such file or directory
 * Shutting down ALSA...                                                 [
OK ]
 * Saving the system clock
Function not supported
Function not supported
 * Setting the system clock
 * Setting up ALSA...                                                    [
OK ]
FATAL: Module acpi_sbs not found.
FATAL: Module acpi_sbs not found.

     Is there other info I can submit to launchpad?  When I do, what package
would I submit it under?

     Thanks in advance, Colin.
Colin at spudulike.me.uk
Gotta' go, things to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.