Introduction to the ubuntu-bugsquad team

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:00:50 BST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:29 AM, Reinhard Tartler <siretart at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> In order to return to a more friendly atmosphere, I've decided to do a
> short introduction of myself to this mailing list. I'm Reinhard Tartler,
> joined to ubuntu around the hoary cycle, became Core-dev at UDS in
> Montreal (the UDS for the dapper cycle).

Hello, Reinhard. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot! :-)
I should probably introduce myself as well, since I'm not sure I ever
did prior to the e-mail that ignited this all.  I'm Mike Foster,
though I go by Wolfger online (because Mike Foster is far too common a
name, and I wouldn't want other people getting blamed for what I do).
I've been using Kubuntu since Feisty (early in the Gutsy cycle), and
decided shortly after the Gutsy release that I really wanted to start
giving back to the community. Bug triage seemed to be an easy way to
get started. I also wish to be a MotU some day, but that seems to be
more time consuming, at least in the learning stages, and time is
something I frequently find myself short of. I did a Bug Jam for the
Michigan LoCo, and another one at Penguicon, trying to show people how
easy (parts of) triage can be, and to encourage people to contribute
in any way they can. I say that if you know how to navigate the web,
and read a wiki, then you have the skill set necessary to help out!

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/