Incomplete with no response >30 days

HggdH hggdh2 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 17:58:37 BST 2008

> sense at qense.nl writes:
>

> Let's me look up the description of the bugsquad from
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad:
>
> : The Ubuntu Bug Squad is an essential asset in helping to make Ubuntu and
> : its derivatives better.
>
> : The Bug Squad is the first point of contact for the bugs filed about
> : Ubuntu. They assign bugs to packages, ensure that bug reports are
> : complete, find duplicate bug reports, recreate bugs and forward bugs to
> : their upstream authors. All of these activities help the bug get fixed
> : and subsequently making Ubuntu even better.
>
> So the bugsquad does not seem to be willing to actually fix the
> bugs. Which is more or less fine with me, it seems that this way is
> easier to attract people to work on triaging bugs than encouraging them
> to become developer themselves and actually fix them.

> However, in the end, we all want the bugs to be fixed. And this is
> getting more complicated if the bugsquad does things that intervenes
> with the developers work. And editing bugs without understanding them is
> a severe intervention, because it causes confusion on both the reporters
> and the developers side.
>
> So a pretty please with sugar on the top: If you don't understand what a
> bug is about, please do not touch it. This includes all what is recently
> called a "workflow bug".

And it went pretty much this way the whole email.

So, developers, pretty please with sugar on top: do *not* diss down
other people. All I got from this email was "we are the mighty
developers, you are nothing".

I was trying to help find a common (hey Reinhard, there is this word,
"common") ground.

I give up.

..hggdh..