Incomplete with no response >30 days

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Sat May 24 12:58:15 BST 2008

Johnathon Tinsley <kirrus at kirrus.co.uk>
writes:

>> ubuntu-archive, ubuntu-{universe,main}-sponsors, or motu-release
>> subscribed, please leave those bugs alone.
>>
>> They're not filed by users only, and developers have almost always
>> looked at the bugs, if not filed them themselves.  They have a special
>> sequence of steps to be followed, and the bug squad interfering with
>> them is not helpful.
>
> If you really want triagers to leave your bugs alone, you need to have
> a tag, or something. I can't see from that bug that it is anything to
> do with devs, its _not obvious_. The bug state was Incomplete, with no
> assignee, which means to us that its still in a triage state.

I'm sorry, but I may have misunderstood something. I thought the point
of the bugsquad team was to make the live of developers easier and not
more complicated.

Clearly these bugs cause misunderstanding on the bugsquad team. I
therefore thing these type of bugs need to be discussed with the
developers who have to work with them (which basically means all
developers). Since you cannot expect all developers to read this mailing
list, I'd suggest starting that discussion on ubuntu-devel.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4