Incomplete with no response >30 days

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Sun May 4 18:08:00 BST 2008

One of the things I like to do to whittle away at the mountain of open bugs
is to take the least-recently-touched incomplete bugs and close them out
with the canned response. The wiki indicates any bug incomplete for more
than 4 weeks can be closed, and most of these are untouched for 4, 5, or 6
months. Sometimes more.

One such recent bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/secvpn/+bug/154730
was reopened with a comment, "Dear bugsquad people: Please don't mess with
archive management bugs. Ask bdmurray about it if you have questions."

Now I can understand why this person would want to keep this bug open, but I
don't think "incomplete" is an appropriate status ("in progress", maybe?),
and the person working on this bug (for 6 months now?) should probably
assign it to himself if he's actually working on it.

Opinions? Comments?

--
Wolfger
http://wolfger.wordpress.com/