Interpreting stacktraces

Andrew Conkling andrew.conkling at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:09:38 GMT 2008

(Forgive me if this information is available on the wiki; I was unable to
find anything specifically useful.)

I've become more involved in triage for a few packages and have often come
across stacktraces. Often I'm fairly sure I'm looking at duplicates of other
bugs, but it can be really hard to tell. Rather than continue to stare at
these bugs and traces blankly, I'm reaching out to see if there's any way I
can learn to interpret them.

I'm looking for general info (this would be useful on GNOME's bugzilla, for
example), but understanding what Apport is doing would certainly be useful
too. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Andrew