Modifying a bug's description

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Thu Jun 19 05:01:16 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Dustin Kirkland
<dustin.kirkland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've modified a couple of bugs' titles that mention one package in the
> title, but eventually turns out to be a problem in a different
> package.  For the most part, I think the package association
> (triaging, right?) should be in the "affects" section rather than the
> "title".

Maybe I was a bit too strong with this statement...

With a number of packages, the name of the package == the binary ==
the program affected.  Mentioning this in the title is unavoidable.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are cases where the title gets
out of sync with the affected packages.  ie, the affected package is
marked "Invalid", while another is "confirmed", but the "invalid"
package remains in the title while while the "confirmed" package is
not.  In these cases, it sometimes helps searching/indexing/reading
when the "confirmed" package replaces the "invalid" package mention in
the title.

:-Dustin