meta package bug reports

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 10 23:03:00 BST 2008

The bugs without a package are a well known blind spot for Ubuntu bug
reports, but there is another group that I'd like us to be aware of.

There are several meta packages in the distribution that end up
receiving all kinds of bug reports, granted at a much smaller quantity
than the bugs without package.  It'd be great if we could work on
triaging these and ensuring that they get assigned to the proper
package.  The three top, measured by quantity of new reports, meta
packages are:

linux-meta[0] - 209
ubuntu-meta[1] - 62
kubuntu-meta[2] - 19

Let's try to ensure that all these bugs really deserve to be filed
about a -meta package.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-meta/+bugs
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-meta/+bugs
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kubuntu-meta/+bugs