HowToTriage: linking a bug report?

Carol Meertens mouz at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 19 09:24:23 BST 2008

I'd like to ask a question about
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage. In section 'Forwarding
upstream' it says:

> Linking a bug report is much easier:
>   * Click the "+ Upstream..." or "+ Distribution..." link, as
>     appropriate.
>   * Choose the correct "Product" or "Distribution".
>   * Check the "Link to a bug in another bug tracker:" box.
>   * Select the proper "Remote Bug Tracker".
>   * Enter the bug identification number in the "Remote Bug" field.
>   * Click "Continue".

I wanted to link bug 249076 [1] to an existing bug in the Debian
bugtracker. I chose distribution Debian, but then I could not find the
checkbox mentioned in the third bullet of the quoted list above. I
searched around where I had been wrong but I could not make such a
checkbox appear.

Also there was no "Remote Bug" field, nor a "Remote Bug Tracker"
field.  I ended up just pasting the full URL in a field that was
there. The result was what I intended.

My question: is the fact that I did not find the checkbox etc. caused
by me doing something wrong, or should the wiki page be changed (or
something else)?

Thanks,
--
mouz