Upstream request for Evolution bugs filling

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 9 08:49:59 GMT 2008

On mar, 2008-01-08 at 14:24 -0600, HggdH wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I wrongly sent this originally to the bughelper mailing list, instead
> of here...
>
> Please read the forwarded email below.
>
> (In our case, most of the times a bug will be entered in LP, and
> eventually one of us opens (or links) a bug upstream.)
>
> When opening the bug upstream, please follow the instructions mbarnes
> points out -- assign the package as Evolution, and component as
> BugBuddyBugs (and not Mailer, Calendar, etc).

Hi,

I don't think it makes sense to use the BugBuddyBugs component when
sending bugs manually. Upstream did that so they can read triaged bugs
without having to bother with all the duplicates sent by bugbuddy. The
bugs we usually send on bugzilla have been triaged, have a debug
backtraces and are not duplicates, so assigning them to the right
component should be no issue

Sebastien Bacher