Bug Announces in #ubuntu-bugs

Kjell Braden fnord at pentabarf.de
Sun Feb 24 22:46:26 GMT 2008

On So, 2008-02-24 at 21:23 +0000, Caroline Ford wrote:

> My concern is that you said you wouldn't join the announce channel.
> Hiding ubotu away doesn't make the new bugs go away!
>
> Caroline

(resent, sorry Caroline for posting off-list)

I think most people currently sitting in #ubuntu-bugs are not sitting
there because they know that they can discuss things about triaging
there, but because they can watch the bug announcements. So when moving
them to a different channel, those people would likely join that one too
and we (ie. the bug triagers or reporters) can have a far more
productive talk in #ubuntu-bugs.

While I'm discussing triaging procedure I usually don't have time to
check for new bugs, since I'm working/helping on an old one, so the I'd
check the announcements later anyway.

Regards,
Kjell