Bug Announces in #ubuntu-bugs

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 24 21:10:59 GMT 2008

Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> in a recent discussion with Emmet it was brought to my attention that
> the #ubuntu-bugs channel could be used for more bug and triage related
> discussions, if the bug bot was less noisy. The proposal was to move the
> bug announces to #ubuntu-bugs-announce.
>
> I heard good arguments for the bug bot in #ubuntu-bugs and good
> arguments for it to be somewhere else.
>
> What is the BugSquad's take on the idea?

I know this is a late reply, but as I didn't answer before... :)

I didn't like the idea when it was proposed, but yesterday and this evening for
some reason ubotu wasn't announcing new bugs in the channel, and it we had some
triaging discussions and that was nice and productive.

This Friday I removed some channels from the autojoin, and I was thinking on
whether remove #ubuntu-bugs. Right now I think if ubotu wasn't announcing new
bugs, I wouldn't think whether to remove it.

Having announcements in #ubuntu-bugs could make sense to people reading them,
but I already get many new bugs by mail, and so rarely read those in #ubuntu-bugs.

Is this proposal still in place? And is there an agreement?

I think we could make the change for one week, and then see whether it was a
good idea or not?

Cheers,
Emilio