Bug Day Wiki Pages

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 29 00:09:30 GMT 2007

I end up adding my name to the Bug Day wiki pages[0] a fair bit and
wanted to share some tips on doing it more efficiently.  The first thing
I do is use editmoin[1] which is packaged in Ubuntu as of Gutsy.  This
allows you to edit the wiki page in your favorite editor rather than
using a web browser.  This made things fairly quick as I could search
for the bug I had hugged and the replace ";" with "lightgreen;" and add
my name to the end of the line.

I got tired of doing that today though and wrote a vim (my favorite
editor) command mapping to mostly automate this.  It is:

:command -nargs=1 Hugged :/<args>/s/\(.*\) ;\(.*\)\(||\)/\1
lightgreen;\2 BrianMurray ||/c

After adding this to your ~/.vimrc file you can do the following:

1) editmoin https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20071128
2) type ':Hugged 12345'
3) confirm that's line you want to change
4) write the file

I found it pretty useful today and hope you might also!

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20071128
[1] http://labix.org/editmoin

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com