need some guidence on troubleshooting some bugs

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Fri Nov 2 04:09:25 GMT 2007

I was digging into bugs in KDEBSE today and noticed a lot of bugs from the
same user so I spent about an hour triaging that users bugs.  Anyways I
noticed a lot of duplication and started the clean up in earnest.

I noticed the user is gettign a lot of crashes or is posting crashes with no
debugging symbols found, but they all reference: "Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1"."

How would I go about tracking this down to see exactly what is causing the
problem? I've already started the converstation with the end user in regards
to whether or not the crashes are still happening, etc.  But need to know how
to takae the next step.

An example of the bug would be
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/konversation/+bug/147838

Thanks for the guidence