apple macbook / macbook pro bug triage?

Brian Barnes bcbarnes at artsci.wustl.edu
Sun Jul 1 00:22:53 BST 2007

Hello,

I was looking at the list of ubuntu bugs for macbook in launchpad, and I see
135 results when searching for "macbook".  Most of these results are
"undecided" or "new" (or both).  Some of those are quite old.

I'm considering buying a macbook pro (santa rosa version), and I'm
wondering...

1.  Is the macbook bug triage situation representative similar to those for,
say, thinkpads?  I notice Thinkpads have more bugs listed, but also I think a
higher percent are confirmed instead of undecided/new.  There are also many
known bugs with the new MBPs that are not listed in launchpad, but
detailed at ubuntuforums.org.

2.  If I joined the bugsquad, what is the policy on triaging bugs that you
submit yourself?  I mean, if you submit a full bug report in accordance with
the ubuntu debuggingprocedures wiki, and nobody responds for a week or more,
can you just confirm your own bug?

2(a) - if the answer to #2 is no, how does one go about pinging a particular
bug to get attention towards it?

Anyway, thank you for reading this.  It seems like with the tens of thousands
of reported bugs, the bugsquad has a lot of work on its hands. Launchpad looks
like a really good tool for the job.  I kinda wish that the developement of
ubuntu would skip a cycle just so you all had a fair chance to catch up on
everything :)

I want you to know that end users like me really appreciate the volunteer
effort put in by bugsquad members into the QA process.  You make a
difference.

sincerely,

Brian

wishing to be running ubuntu on a new macbook pro