Encourage users to get backtraces using apport

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 13 14:50:47 GMT 2007

On jeu, 2007-12-13 at 21:01 +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:

> backtrace.  If apport can't upload the report, and the reporter can
> manually upload the apport-generated report file, it's then easier to
> get a useful stacktrace by retracing.

Hi,

Did you run into bugs where apport was not able to upload the report?
That looks like a corner case or an apport bug. Retracing requires
having the exact same versions of the packages installed and we usually
don't deal with attached .crash very quickly, which means it's hard to
retrace those. The number of bugs is already higher than what we can
deal with and important bugs often get reported again quickly we have no
real need to make special efforts to deal with non-apport generated
crashed

Sebastien Bacher