The wiki instruction about the lack of crash report need to be updated

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 3 07:06:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

Henrik Nilsen Omma [2007-12-02 20:10 +0000]:
> Brian Murray wrote:
>> I have updated the Bug/Responses with something that tries to cover bugs
>> missing crash reports and those with ".crash" file attachments.  It also
>> contains both ways to report the crash.  Please let me know what you think
>> and thanks for bringing this to my attention.
>>

> Thanks for adding this info. The procedure involves closing the existing
> bug (which may have useful comments on it) and letting apport open a new
> one, which seems a bit of a cludge.
>
> Can we have apport save the output locally and ask the reporter to attach
> the files? Tht would admittedly work better when we can add multiple
> attachments to single comment as now we'll most likely get zip files.
> Still, it seems the right thing to do.

I reported this as a bug against apport, so that I don't forget about
it:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/173591

That still leaves the problem of finding such bugs, but that needs
some help from the LP devs ("give me all bugs which have a *.crash
attachment").

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de