Launchpad bug pages are about to change

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at canonical.com
Wed Aug 22 04:40:07 BST 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Onno Benschop wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Is there any reason why Status and Importance are two columns with two
> links to the same URL?

It is useful for them to be two columns for easy scanning when a bug
affects multiple projects/packages. But they are changed in the same
form.

> Also, the link to the "Assigned to" person doesn't underline, nor does
> the icon underline, but the Status and Importance links both underline
> the icon. Furthermore, the link to the package name underlines, but not
> the icon.
>
> So, the interface rendering is a little inconsistent.

Thanks for raising this. I've reported the bug.
<http://launchpad.net/bugs/133971>

> Also, I personally think that a link that reveals something shouldn't
> look like a link that goes somewhere.
>
> You can change that with a style entry, something like this:
>
>     .reveal{
>      cursor:url(zoom.cur),pointer;
>     }

I agree, and it's something I'll consider for a future design.

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/