Update of Bugs/Responses - Fixed in Development release

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 14:42:55 BST 2007

Hi,

I've been working on a couple of bugs where the answer would have been
something like "Fixed in the latest development version. Won't fix in
previous release as it doesn't fit backporting or SRU requirements. Live
with it !"

What would be the proper way to close such bugs ? Mark them as "Fix
released" or "Won't fix" ? What would be the standard response ?

I'd suggest updating the Bugs/Reponses wiki page with:

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. However, I am closing it because the bug has been fixed
in the latest development version of Ubuntu - the Gutsy Gibbon. It won't
be fixed in previous versions of Ubuntu because the bug doesn't fit
requirements for backporting or a StableReleaseUpdates. See
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for more information.

--
Mathias