Bug# 50692: Wishlist or "really important"?

Peter Whittaker pwwnow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 15:48:18 BST 2007

Bugsquad and laptop-testing folk, I seek your guidance re bug#50692 [1],
which is currently marked as wishlist: I tend to agree with comment#4,
that this isn't a wishlist item but something that should be fixed
(importance likely medium to the owners of any affected laptop).

According to [2], wishlist means "new feature", but this report isn't
requesting a new feature, it's requesting that an existing laptop
capability be supported. It *is* suggesting a particular fix, the fsfn
package, so I suppose the request to support this package could be
considered wishlisty, but that seems like splitting hairs: hotkeys don't
work, this should be fixed, and the suggested package fixes the problem.

Your thoughts? Is there another alternative?

Thanks,

pww

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/50692

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance