[easy task] straw browser_cmd key

Dries Desmet dries at urga.be
Wed Apr 4 01:33:56 BST 2007

Hi Sebastien,

Eager to understand, I've got some questions.

Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> An easy fix if somebody from the MOTU team wants to do a straw update:
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/straw/+bug/38980
>
> "In gconf, the default for /apps/straw/general/browser_cmd is "" this
> makes straw fail to launch my browser. The default should just be an
> empty string, this would make straw launch the default browser by
> default"
>
> That has been fixed to the SVN:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/straw/trunk/data/straw.schemas?r1=190&r2=248

So the fix was committed in the straw projects's svn. Does the fact that
the bug was reported in ubuntu and the availability of a patch speak for
a new ubuntu package built?

In presuming yes:
Is it better to download the latest svn revision and package that up or
should the ubuntu package be patched with the upstream patch?
Say we don't wait for a new upstream release and just download the
current svn state, what should the package be named like?
Why does the latest published feisty package have this weird name:
0.26.dsfg.1-2.1ubuntu1? (what does dsfg stand for?)

On the launchpad source package page [1], the tab on the left "Builds of
straw..." I can only see an i368 build. Is it not available for the
other architectures?

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/straw/0.26.dsfg.1-2.1ubuntu1

<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/straw/0.26.dsfg.1-2.1ubuntu1>Clearly
beginner questions, but this real world example could give me the push
to actually commit some time.

Thanks.

Dries Desmet.