Proposal: assign people to specific jobs

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 28 13:28:09 BST 2006

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 27.09.2006, 23:25 -0400 schrieb t u:
> do you think it would be a good idea to assign some (6-7) people just to
> assigning bugs to packages, and some others (5-6) just to try to fix the
> status of bugs? [others could be "free players".]
> assigning bugs to packages is important especially because otherwise the
> package maintainer cannot know about the bug.

I think it's not quite easy to 'assign' people to something. Most people
in the BugSquad are volunteers.

I agree, though, that it'd be nice to have groups in the BugSquad that
focus on specific tasks or specific areas of bugs. For the Desktop Team
or Maintainer Teams (like Accessibility) we do this already and it's
quite natural to look at bugs that you have expertise with - it's easier
to have an overview over less bugs. New users joining the BugSquad will
also have an easier life, if they can join one group and get specific
instructions and not generic answers and 17000 open bugs to look at.

What can we do better to achieve this? One option would be to try to
form specific Triaging Teams with explanatory wiki pages - what do you
all think about that and which team would you like to lead / join?

Have a nice day,
 Daniel