Bugs not in English

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 27 09:49:15 BST 2006

Hello everybody,

I think that's a question which is suitable for the Launchpad Users list
as well.

Am Donnerstag, den 26.10.2006, 17:38 -0300 schrieb Jonh Wendell:
> Is there any project to allow users report bugs in their languages?

With Launchpad and Malone as it is today we should not encourage people
to file bugs in their own language. I came across a bunch of German
bugs, which I was only too happy to answer to.

Apart from using gnome-translate (excellent app, suited me better than
babelfish an friends), I could envision having a BugSquad/Languages wiki
page, where we could list the Launchpad IDs of fellow BugSquad members
who volunteer to translate back into English, just in case.

I think that should serve us quite well for those stray few bug reports.

I don't know about the big plans in Launchpad though.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel