Edgy release candidate: Call for testing

Simon Law sfllaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 18 17:26:02 BST 2006

Hi all!

We expect the release candidate to come out tomorrow, and once that's
out, we could use some help doing installation testing.

If you've got a spare machine lying around, now would be an excellent
time to install the Edgy Eft.

How can you help?

- Download a copy of the ISOs today.  You can use rsync to grab one of
  the CDs for your favourite architecture:

  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/daily-live/current/*amd64.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/daily-live/current/*i386.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/daily-live/current/*powerpc.iso

  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/kubuntu/daily-live/current/*amd64.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/kubuntu/daily-live/current/*i386.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/kubuntu/daily-live/current/*powerpc.iso

  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/edubuntu/daily-live/current/*amd64.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/edubuntu/daily-live/current/*i386.iso
  rsync -vPz rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/edubuntu/daily-live/current/*powerpc.iso

- Tomorrow, use rsync again to update your image to the latest version.

- Then, join the #ubuntu-devel IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.  We'll
  be co-ordinating our testing efforts there.  If your installation
  succeeds, let us know.  And if it fails, let us know too!

See you there!

--
Simon Law                                 http://www.law.yi.org/~sfllaw/