Question about bug #75835, getting started on bug-squad

Hilario J. Montoliu hjmf at telefonica.net
Mon Dec 18 18:46:36 GMT 2006

Hi all, I'm a newbie at Bugsquad and I need some hints

I'm triagging bug #75835
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/75835)
and I've noticed there are some firefox bug reports with the same
sympthoms.

Seems that some people have firefox crashing when selecting 'save as'
command in links pointing to large files.

You can see more than a dozen of bug reports with that same symthom at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bugs?field.searchtext=save+as&orderby=-datecreated

Comparing some stacktraces from several of the attached crash reports on
those bug reports (using apport-unpack) they look very similar (though
I'm not a developer so I might be wrong).

Should I mark those bug reports as duplicates and confirm them? What do
you think? I mean, how are you sure a bug report is a duplicate? When
are you sure you have to confirm a bug?

As I've said I'm the noob here, and the last thing I want to do is
messing up! :P

Thanks in advance

Hilario J. Montoliu
https://bugs.launchpad.net/people/hmontoliu