[Ubuntu-BR] [OFF TOPIC]: Google lanca o Picasa para Linux

Og Maciel og.maciel em gmail.com
Sexta Maio 26 14:53:34 UTC 2006

Intruções de como instalar (em inglês):

Installing Picasa

If you have a Picasa window open, or you have the Picasa icon in your
toolbar, please close them before installing a new version.
If you're using a recent version of Linux, you should be able to pick
"Open With Default Application" or double-click on the downloaded .deb
file to install.

If that doesn't work, save the file in the /tmp directory, then open a
terminal window and install with a command like

$ sudo dpkg -i /tmp/picasa_2.2.2820-5_i386.deb

or

$ su
# dpkg -i /tmp/picasa_2.2.2820-5_i386.deb
# exit

Starting Picasa
Start Picasa by looking in your Linux distribution's Graphics menu. If
you can't find it there, give the command /usr/bin/picasa in a
terminal window.

Tips

    * If you use NFS, when Picasa first starts, tell it to scan just
your desktop! Otherwise Picasa gets real slow while it scans all your
NFS directories!
    * To get Picasa to see pictures on your hard drive, click "File /
Add Folder" (NOT "Import").
    * When adding a folder to Picasa, the default action is to remove
the folder from Picasa. You have to actively choose Scan once or Scan
always.
    * Picasa is not supported over remote X connections.

Wow, Picasa found all my photos!

When you start Picasa, it instantly goes to work, organizing all the
pictures on your hard drive by date in the "Folders on Disk"
collection. If Picasa finds folders you don't want, go into Tools >
Folder Manager to tell it which folders to scan once, scan always or
remove. To remove individual pictures from your library, simply select
a photo and right-click to delete it permanently from your computer or
hide it from Picasa.

Visit the Picasa for Linux FAQs