New stuff

Konrad Zapalowicz konrad.zapalowicz at canonical.com
Fri Jun 2 08:49:38 UTC 2017

On 06/02, Daniel van Vugt wrote:
> The latest version of BlueZ is now available for testing in Ubuntu:
>    https://launchpad.net/~bluetooth/+archive/ubuntu/bluez

5.45 is in ppa: 2685 for quite some time now. As for the testing do not
forget that we have a test plan available [1] with the template [2] that
preferably shall be used for testing. This is for structuring our tests
and picking up regressions / odd behaviour. The previous test results
are available for comparison here [3]

> And its source code with a bunch of handy related branches and tags are
> here:
>    https://git.launchpad.net/~bluetooth/bluez

Nice, moving to git was on my list of things to do and I think it will
be better now with what you have proposed / started. Nevertheless I feel
that we need to structure it a bit - see the comments below.

> Note it's a different repository to the existing ones (shorter and easier to
> remember). So if this plan works out we might want to retire the old repos
> to avoid confusion (there are several).

Can you document preferably in shared doc what is your proposal for a
branching model now. I would like to read it, understand and comment on
so that at the end we have a well defined process.

How does this differ from tracking 'debian' directory with Ubuntu
patches in it?

What I need to do when a new version of bluez is published?

Thanks,
Konrad

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/TestPlans/bluez/
2.