[Bug 542713] Re: can't turn off bluetooth Dell E6500
542713 at bugs.launchpad.net
Tue Aug 10 09:37:41 BST 2010
If this bug is fixed in kernel 2.6.34 it should be fixed in Maverick.
Please reopen this bug if you can reproduce this big in Maverick.
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: bluez
- 1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System -> About Ubuntu.
- Description: Ubuntu lucid (development branch)
- Release: 10.04
- 2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy packagename' or by checking in Synaptic.
- Installed: 4.60-0ubuntu5
- Candidate: 4.60-0ubuntu5
- Version table:
- *** 4.60-0ubuntu5 0
- 500 http://pl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
- 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
- 3) What you expected to happen
+ What you expected to happen
When I click "Turn Off Bluetooth" in bluetooth applet it should disable bluetooth completely - hci and radio (the device).
- 4) What happened instead
+ What happened instead
64-bit: only hci is down, but radio is still on. syslog shows only hci going down, no bluetooth USB messages. Led stays on.
- Compare this with 32-bit: it works fine - bluetooth gets disabled. Relevant activity is visible in syslog - hci goes down and device is powered off. Led is off.
+ Compare this with 32-bit: it works fine - bluetooth gets disabled.
+ Relevant activity is visible in syslog - hci goes down and device is
+ powered off. Led is off.
I've attached syslog from both versions.
Hardware switch works fine on both versions, but it kills both, wifi and
Date: Sat Mar 20 14:34:43 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Beta amd64 (20100318)
Package: bluez 4.60-0ubuntu5
- PATH=(custom, user)
+ PATH=(custom, user)
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-16.25-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-16-generic x86_64
** Changed in: bluez (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Fix Released
can't turn off bluetooth Dell E6500
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Bluetooth, which is subscribed to bluez in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-bluetooth