[Bug 211252] Re: Cannot receive files using bluetooth
kmdm2 at kennynet.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 10:41:41 GMT 2009
Tested before upgrading to obex-data-server 0.4.3 - failed.
Tested after upgrading to obex-data-server 0.4.3 - SUCCESS.
I've built a package for obex-data-server 0.4.3 in my PPA:
The installation process is as follows...
1. Add my PPA (and key) to your apt/software sources and update (e.g.
sudo apt-get update).
2. Navigate to: System -> Preferences -> Personal File Sharing
Untick "Receive files in Downloads folder over Bluetooth"
(Leave the dialog open.)
2. Fire up a console, to make sure obex-data-server has been killed:-
$ kill `pidof obex-data-server`
(for some reason pkill didn't do the job)
3. Install the package
$ sudo apt-get install obex-data-server
4. Retick the "Receive files in Downloads folder over Bluetooth" option.
5. Attempt to send a file over bluetooth to your computer.
Hope this helps and thanks for the heads up!
Cannot receive files using bluetooth
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Bluetooth, which is subscribed to bluez-utils in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-bluetooth