[Bug 305208] [NEW] Cannot transfer files between phone and PC through Bluetooth
Rohit V. Bhute
rvbhute at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:26:41 GMT 2008
Public bug reported:
I am using Intrepid with all updates applied and trying to transfer
files between my Sony Ericsson T700 and my PC.
The BT dongle is detected fine - seen in 'hcitool dev'. I can see the
mobile if I do a 'hcitool scan' or 'hcitool inq'. I can also see my PC
from the mobile when I search for devices.
1. I can't pair from the PC, the BT applet's setup device wizard doesn't
show the phone.
2. I can pair from the phone - the BT applet prompts for the PIN and the
pairing occurs. But I when I try to connect from the phone (after
pairing), I get "Bluetooth Connection Failed" on the phone.
3. If I try to directly send a file from my phone to PC, it says no
4. When I try to send a file from the PC to the phone, a window pops up
5. When I try to browse files from the BT applet, I get a windows saying
'Could not display "obex://[00:22:98:DF:40:2C]/" - Error: Service search
failed (Device or resource busy) Please select another viewer and try
6. After pairing in step 2, if I search for services available (an option in the phone menu), I get:
Audio remote controller
Audio remote control target
** Affects: gnome-bluetooth (Ubuntu)
** Tags: bluetooth bluez intrepid
Cannot transfer files between phone and PC through Bluetooth
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Bluetooth, which is subscribed to gnome-bluetooth in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-bluetooth