Suggestion for new Voting procedures

Bodhi Zazen bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org
Mon Jan 11 21:14:59 GMT 2010

This is a second attempt, first bounced, =(

May I ask everyone to please calm down, lol. Seriously, these changes are all small and there is no need to insert paranoia into the team.

I will publish "bodhi's manifesto" for where I feel the team needs to go, but I am a bit busy with some real life issues at the moment.

I seriously doubt the manifesto will "shock" anyone.

The take home message is simple, the team has grown and we have let a few things lapse. These things are minor and easy to fix.

I would like to address the "conspiracy theory" very briefly. Please read the

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/Structure

Page regarding council functions. Nowhere is there a mandate that the council functions as some kind of leadership function.

Our meetings have always been to resolve team conflict and are held in private to maintain people's dignity. I believe this is the spirit of the CoC in that we ask people to step down from teams as graceful as possible, we do NOT public ally humiliate people or draft a public listing of all their problems or deficiencies.

You all know there was a person removed from the team. This was not performed as some random action, it was as a result of a poor fit of this person on the team and after several months of sincere efforts and a fair amount of personal time and effort on my part.

All of the (serious) complaints I have received in the last 3 months or so have involved the person in question and every attempt was made to resolve the issue via PM involving myself and multiple team members.

There is nothing to "hide", but that does not mean I am going to allow a "mud slinging" contest either.

There is a whole section in the CoC regarding stepping down :

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/leadership-conduct

It is very important for the community to resolve these conflicts as agreeable as possible and IMO the needs of the community and the need to maintain a cohesive whole take precedence over airing the issues in public.

~ Manifesto to follow