Public logging in #ubuntu-beginners?

Collin Pruitt collinp111 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 05:39:38 GMT 2009

I really don't see public logging as being a good idea.

It's a fairly unnecessary waste of resources. Our channel isn't all that big
compared to a lot of other channels.

It's a impediment upon the privacy of the channel, or what privacy there is.
I don't really want my IRC conversations indexed by Google and spread all
over the web.

As paultag said, we trust each other as fellow team members. Most of us have
worked together for some time. We sometimes share some things that we would
not want shared with the general public, be it as unwise as it is. Posting
our channel conversations to a publicly-accessible web page that can be
viewed by any person with a web browser that we may not know nor ever know
is both unnecessary and it destroys the privacy of the channel, or what
privacy there is.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> It was brought to my attention that #ubuntu-beginners isn't publicly
> logged, as most other big Ubuntu channels are, for example:
>
> http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2009/11/27/
>
> Is this something the team is interested in? If so I'll bring it up at
> our next meeting.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
> http://www.princessleia.com

~Collin Pruitt - Hellow~
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton
Website: http://hellow.ath.cx
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Collin15 | http://launchpad.net/~hellow
Ubuntu Member | Ubuntu Georgia LoCo Member | Ubuntu Beginners Team Member |
Ubuntu Forums Unanswered Posts Team Leader