[Ubuntu-be] CopyKitten Benchmarks

Claudio Mammarella claudio.mammarella at telenet.be
Fri Sep 28 14:43:21 UTC 2012

Hey wouter ,

When i use DD i'm copying from a disk or an image file of the same size
as the target drive.
So the drive or image has to be the exact same size, then there is no
"unallocated memory"

I don't think that we can write 4gb under 3 minutes with our usb-drives
(class4)
Class 4 means min. 4MB/s and it will take about 15 to 20 minutes to
write a single usb-drive (4gb).
You wrote from 2,5 to 5 minutes for 700mb, (4000MB:700MB)x4min=22 min/drive

grts
Claudio