[Ubuntu-be] Custom ISO ubuntu-be

Bram Gadeyne gadeynebram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:09:36 UTC 2012

Hi Claudio,

Nice effort!

I've no time to test the ISO but I was wondering if there is also a version
of the Belgian eid software provided?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/belgium-eid/reviews/
https://code.google.com/p/eid-mw/
https://code.google.com/p/eid-viewer/

Maybe it's not the best idea to add unsupported and unofficial software
but, to my knowledge, the version in the ubuntu repo does not work.

Kind regards
Bram

2012/7/25 Claudio Mammarella <claudio.mammarella op telenet.be>

> Hello,
>
> I made a custom ubuntu 12.04 ISO for ubuntu-be.
> http://ubuntuone.com/5aoLPU7CZM5H1eSxz3G0Ts
>
> Screenshot
> http://ubuntuone.com/1WQJXaZxYMGBMdPputMk2i
>
> Please download and test it, afterwards give me your opinion and remarks.
>
> What are the changes i made ?
> - New default wallpaper "ubuntu-be", made by Massimiliano
> - added applications : ubuntu restricted, myunity, gimp,vlc
> - Iso update to the last kernel and apps updates
> - documents on desktop during live-session and also after installation :
> presentation ubuntu 12.04 in dutch
>
> Untill now the size is just under 1gb, if extra apps are needed just let
> me know and i can add them if necessary.
>
> I will ask Massimiliano to modify the wallpaper so that it looks more
> native.
> Maybe default precise wallpaper with ubuntu-be logo.
>
> If Wouter sends me a copy (.pdf) of the manual then i can add it to the
> desktop.
>
> Manuals in other languages like french-german are also welcome. The
> EN-version will soon be added with the next ISO i make.
>
> The final ISO must be ready before 14sept2012 because we want to use it at
> Software Freedom Day 2012.
>
> Test the iso and let me know what you think about it, all comments are
> welcome.
>
> Claudio Mammarella

Bram Gadeyne