[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu For Android!

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Fri Feb 24 20:09:30 UTC 2012

Steven Leeman schreef op wo 22-02-2012 om 19:09 [+0100]:
> 2012/2/22 Jan Claeys <ubuntu at janc.be>
> > Steven Leeman schreef op wo 22-02-2012 om 17:19 [+0100]:
> > > hmm the cheapest android phone with hdmi is I believe a LG P990 for
> > > 319 euro?
> >
> > There are cheap (± 150 €) Android tablets (mostly based on the Allwinner
> > A10 SoC) that should be able to run this...

There are a couple of other cheap-but-powerful SoCs too BTW, I just
named this one because I read about them recently (they sell their SoC
for 5 USD or less if you order large amounts from them).

> with a capacitive touch screen and no hdmi out?

FWIW: HDMI is supported internally by the SOC so, simply said,
manufacturers just need to connect a physical HDMI connector to it...
(The Allwinner A10 also has on-chip SATA support, which is quite
exceptional for this type of SoC).

An example of such a tablet, costing 150 USD:
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-II-Screen-Android-Camera/dp/B00784IZIK/ref=sr_1_2/176-6600645-3756217?ie=UTF8&m=A2J97EBTNQJ0RV&s=generic&qid=1330113443&sr=1-2
(And you can find even cheaper ones.)

Lots of similar tablets are sold rebadged to local supermarket brands,
so I won't be surprised if they turn up in your local Carrefour or Aldi
or Blokker some of these days...

--
Jan Claeys