[Ubuntu-be] Software Freedom Day Brussels - 22 September 2012

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen at gaeremyn.be
Wed Aug 15 15:26:59 UTC 2012

Hey all,

In hackerspace Brussels we're having Software Freedom Day again on
Saturday the 22nd of September. This year we're going to reach out to
the 'general public' (through local newspaper, local computershops, etc.)

To give some context, we are setting up:
- a bunch of stands demonstrating practical user applications. 15min
showcases in french/dutch, scheduled all over the afternoon;
- the 'penguin bar' : a whitty team helping out people with specific
questions (cfr the 'genius bar' in yr applestore)
- a bar for drinks & free pop-corn
- a room with talks on software Freedom / activism
- a game corner for kids to discover some nice opensource games
- the bhackroom : security implications on using a computer
- an electronics corner : discovering arduino and other opensource hardware

Can you help us out in getting this done? We were thinking of ubuntu-be
specifically for the 'penguin bar' and possibly some 15min showcases of
user-applications you use/like and want to show to the general public.
Send me a message if you're in!

fyi: software freedom day also takes place in Ghent, Genk and Namur (and
all over the world) on the 15th of September, so you don't have any
excuse not to get involved !  :-)   (mind you : we're organising one
week later, on the 22nd)

More info and the latest details:
- http://www.hackerspace.be/Software_Freedom_Day_2012
- http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/map/index.php?year=2012