[Ubuntu-be] IRC Meeting 22/09/2011 Report

Sulumar sulumar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 20:53:52 UTC 2011

IRC Meeting 22/09

Present: RamiAdrien, sulumar, woudervddn, warddr, ehj

== First item: Organizing the IRC meetings differently ==

IRC meetings remain weekly, 1 person leads the other one is responsible
for publishing the report (and they can switch once a month if they want)
2 meetings per month are open meetings - any topic can come on
2 meetings per month are topical - a topic will be choosen (if necessary)

openetherpad is a great tool to make the report collaboratively so we
will keep that and publish the report on the mailing list.

Dates: (we should add those to our website calendar)
Oct: 6 and 20
Nov: 3 and 17
Dec: 1 and 15
Jan: 5 and 19
Feb: 2 and 16
Mar: 1 and 15
Apr: 5 and 19
May: 3 and 17
Jun: 7 and 21
Jul: 5 and 19
Aug: 2 and 16
Sep: 6 and 20

RamiAdrien and Sulumar are going to create a documentation on how to
lead a meeting.

== Second item: the council ==

step 0: what's the job of the council?
  RamiAdrien proposed to create on the wiki ubuntu-be a proposal of what
does the council
step 1: who is candidate?
    - people can step up on the mailinglist
    - others can suggest people, but this does not automatically make
      them candidate. They must step up themselves too.
step 2: have a voting period (plenty of poll tools out there)
after new year ppl can vote for the council members in order to have an
elected council in january

Date for the extra meeting for the Council Topic:

RamiAdrien we will do a first proposal to manage how will work the Council

===Topic 3 Website admins ===

sulumar will ask mogolito to appoint the volounteers as admins.

First thoughts were made about cooperations with ubuntu-nl, planing to
switch to drupal, and the drupal community in Belgium.

Planning to do a special meeting on the website administration issue

Janc have to contact Pierre to propose a date for the special meeting
Adrien have to contact people from Drupal Community

pvandewyngaerde woutervddn JanC RamiAdrien Mogolito,drupal Community
representant, Ubuntu-nl representant and Sulumar would have to be
present at that meeting

Varia:
reminder: RamiAdrien can order a batch of flyers (French) for wallonia.
Jean we will need before Sylvain and RamiAdrien

=== Next Meetings TOPs===

- Creating a special page to say Who does What?

- The ISO and USB project

The next meeting is planed for October the 6th
Thank you for your presence and collaboration.