[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 26/05/2011 – Report (USB stick)

Pierre Vorhagen pvr at kthx.be
Mon May 30 20:35:26 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 21:45, Steven Leeman wrote:
> you don't have to "imagine" it... you can allready look at it here :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsGoodies2011?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=PR334588_Ubuntu-be.pdf
Yes, I saw those, I meant to say that I can imagine holding it in my
hand, or that it would look very nice "in real life".

In fact, the whole point was simply that I wouldn't trust, or want, the
"cute penguin" sticks. ;)

Another question is the price... Where lies the focus of this action?
Is it only for promotion of Ubuntu, or do we have a future project
(which wouldn't generate any turnover) that needs funding?

In the first case, we could probably sell them for 10€, and a profit
margin of +- €1/stick should be enough, in the second case, we can sell
them for €15 (profit of +- €6/stick). Either way, I think that we
shouldn't ask over €15 for a 4GB Stick these days. What do you think?

Pierre