[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu-be job offer

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Sat May 14 16:49:29 UTC 2011

To further strenghten our marketshare in the Belgian IT landscape, and
to improve online presence, Ubuntu Belgium is recruiting:

*Junior-webdeveloper with Drupal experience*
To add features and react to the growing needs of the Ubuntu-user base
in Belgium we need someone to help manage the Drupal based website at
Ubuntu-be.org

_Requirements_:
- interested in webdesign
- willing to regularly contribute to Ubuntu-be
- knowledge of Drupal, PHP and CSS/HTML is valued

*Ubuntu bloggers*
People (occasionally) blogging on their own websites are encouraged to
add their feed to the Ubuntu-be planet. More details on how to do this,
can be found on the website (www.ubuntu-be.org/planet). Submissions may
be in English or any of the official Belgian languages (German, French,
Dutch). Not all submissions need to tackle Ubuntu exclusively.

_Requirements_:
- Some language skills
- Some computer/tech/internet affinity
- A sense of humor plays in your favor

*German translator*
In an ongoing effort to lower the threshold on Ubuntu, we aim to
translate out Belgian site in the languages of our country. Often it is
hard to find people to translate texts into German.

_Requirements_:
- Good knowledge of German, preferrably native speaker
- Good understanding of English, Dutch or French (to translate from)
- Willing to regularly contribute to Ubuntu-be

*Owners of big gardens and a BBQ*
As Ubuntu-be is not only an online-happening, we intend to improve human
interaction (and lots of other big words and blabla... we just want to
have a BBQ). This is a great opportunity for all of you who intended to
do something for Ubuntu in the last year, but didn't get to it.
Ubuntu-be offers a place on the website, and some help in organizing it.

_Requirements_:
- A BBQ and some piece of garden
- Parents, partner and/or children who will allow an Ubuntu-vasion

*Other creative minds*
You have another great idea on how to promote Ubuntu in Belgium, how to
raise awareness to Free and Open Source software en spirit or how to
offer support to existing Ubuntu users... just send in your ideas!

_Requirements_:
- A great idea

*What we offer*
- The great feeling of being part of this Open-Source thing!
- Getting to know new people who also believe the Ubuntu thing
- The satisfaction of achieving something
- Tons of appreciation from the people around you
- The privilege of calling yourself an Ubuntero

Grtz,
Jurgen.