[Ubuntu-be] Dell Poweredge 1850

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Wed May 4 21:30:40 UTC 2011

martijn cielen schreef op di 03-05-2011 om 07:37 [+0200]:
> I still have a Dell Poweredge 1850 gathering dust.
> It comes without disks and memory (due to employer's regulations).

If I understand the Dell specsheet I found correctly, it needs SCSI hard
disks (those aren't so easy to find anymore)?  And does it work with
normal DDR2 RAM or does it require ECC?

I didn't check, but I suppose it also supports HVM?

> I'd like to change it against an Arduino board + starter kit.

I have an Arduino board + starter kit, but don't want to get rid of

> It could be used to demonstrate ubuntu server, so if really nobody
> wants it, I might donate it to ubuntu-be.

That might be nice.  :)

--
Jan Claeys