[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 27/01/2011 – Report

jean7491-Events-Team jean7491 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:14:53 UTC 2011

IRC meeting 27/01/2011 – Report
Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, massimo21, clamam,
jimbauwens, mimor, Jean7491

1. Past and future events 2011
  a. Dipro fair Hasselt  23/01/2011
It was a good fair. See report and pictures in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Hasselt_2011-01-23.
Please have a look at the nice design of the booth and the used dvd
boxes for cd's. Good work!

  b. Dipro fair Ghent 30/01/2011
Team is formed with mimor coordinating. Details, see wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Ghent_2011-01-31.
Inventaris will be done of the Event box.

  c. Dipro fair Kortrijk 06/02/2011
Already 2 volunteers (Oostende and Brugge) : we need more volunteers
from Kortrijk area. Please add your names in the wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Kortrijk_2011-02-06

  d. FOSDEM 2011 Brussels - 05-06/02/2011
JanC will use hardware from the Event-box Ghent and the new banner +
table cloth. New Ubuntu-be t-shirts will be on sale.

  e. Hobby and computers days - Antwerp 26-27/02/2011
Ubuntu-be will organize a booth during the 2 days, therefore, we need
at least 2x4 volunteers (from Antwerp area?).
Volunteers, please add your names in the wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerp_2011-02-26-27

  f. Digital week 2011 - 28/02-05/03/2011
Already scheduled on 03/03/2011: presentation (2 sessions) of Ubuntu in
the public library - Ostend.
Other locations ? See http://www.digitaleweek.be/activiteiten2011 and
search “ubuntu”.
Ubuntu-be should be more present in this event, as everyone can take an
initiative in his environment !
More about the Digital Week 2011 via http://www.linc-vzw.be/

2. Promotion
  a. t-shirts Ubuntu-be - Update
The 100 shirts (version v4) were ordered and will arrive soon. Pre-sale
started, you can pre-order your t-shirts, special price 13 euros (incl
shipping)  till 06/02 :
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dFBJTlJBcGJtdFc0cEZNMlFfaVU0Z3c6MQ#gid=0

Pre-sale period ends and normal sale starts after FOSDEM.
Remember agreed prices - pre-sale: 13 euros, including shipping; FOSDEM:
12 euros; normal price: 15 euros, plus shipping cost if any.
Thanks to Wouter and Bram for the work on this issue !

  b. Ubuntu promotion material for fairs/events : a few ideas
- Flyers Ubuntu-be A6 (2009) will out in June 2011, we need new
ideas/designs, till now, only 1 proposal !
A wiki page is available for proposals and comments:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsFlyers2011.
It is suggested to replace "Canonical" at the bottom by "Ubuntu-be.org"
Please add your proposals/comments in the mailing list for discussion
(and in the wiki).
- for a better look of our booths, we need table cloths (at least 3 for
tables 2m.) to added in the Event boxes (by local initiative).
Color? See pictures from last Dipro Hasselt: black seems to be a better
solution than orange.
- it is suggested to buy rollups to improve our booths: which design?
Ubuntu (be) logo or another? Estimated price: 60 euros. How many do we
need ? 3 pieces ?  Please add your proposals in the wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsRollup2011
- team Hasselt proposes to use dvd boxes for home branded cd's: see
pictures from last Dipro Hasselt.
Will be added in wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial

3. Update Wiki : nothing to report

4. Update Website : nothing to report about the map.

5. Other questions
A meeting IRL of interested Ubunteros is suggested  (a kind Meet and
Drink or Ubuntu Hour), in a "central location", Discussion will be
initiated in the mailing list on this issue.

6. Next IRC meeting on Thursday 03/02/2011 at 21.00 hr.

--
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team