[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 17/02/2011 – Report

jean7491-Events-Team jean7491 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:23:00 UTC 2011

IRC meeting 17/02/2011 – Report
Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, warddr, jimbauwens,
massimo21, acraens, lofty40, djim-fey, woutervddn, Jean7491

Welcome acraens, djim-fey and lofty40 !

1. Past and future events

  a. FOSDEM 2011 Brussels - 05-06/02/2011
Benefit is sent to Ubuntu-be account. Remember: a short report +
pictures in the wiki !   Who has pictures of FOSDEM ?

  b. Hobby and computers days - Antwerp 26-27/02/2011
Team and material should be OK, Bram is in charge of the coordination.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerp_2011-02-26-27
Nero will bring to Antwerp a few Tux chocolates, cd's, 20 t-shirts,
metallic case badges, stickers "Powered by Ubuntu"posters (to be
distributed), Canonical-Ubuntu table cloth and banner, and will
coordinate with Jan and Bram.

  c. Digital Week 2011 - 28/02-04/03/2011
No new information,   already scheduled on 03/03/2011 in the public
library – Ostend
wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/DigitalWeek-2011 Volunteers
wishing to help in Ostend ? Contact jean7491.
Other events on 26/02 in Niel, see
http://www.digitaleweek.be/activiteiten-2011/infodag-computerclub-monitor-niel-vzw
and in Schoten, see
http://digitaleweek.be/activiteiten-2011/vrije-software-dag

  d. Dipro fair Brugge – 13/03/2011
Volunteers? please add your names in the wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Brugge_2011-03-13

  e. Dipro Charleroi – 20/03/2011
ramtar will coordinate the booth, volunteers? please add your names in
the wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Charleroi_2011-03-20

2. Promotion
  a. t-shirts - Update
As the left-over stock will be moved to Antwerp Hobby and computersdays,
Wouter is ready to order another 100 t-shirts. The already 26 ordered in
pre-sale will be sent later.

  b. Other goodies (mugs, bags, pens, ... )
It was suggested to look for other Ubuntu-goodies: warddr will lead the
project, with woutervddn helping.
A wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsGoodies2011
is open for designs and details.

  c. Ubuntu promotion material for fairs/events :
- Flyers Ubuntu-be a6 (2011)
Please look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsFlyers2011 and
add your proposals/comments in the mailing list and in the wiki page.
It is important that you express your meaning regarding stuff like this.
Deadline for the project: 01 June 2011.

- Rollups to improve our booths: which design?  First proposals are in
the wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/PromotionMaterial/ProposalsRollup2011
Feel free to add proposals/designs/comments in the mailing list and
wiki: which design? international? (better for FOSDEM), national? (can
be use everywhere in Belgium), 1 language? (regional use or contact with
other LoCo teams?)
Suggested deadline for a good design: 01 April 2011.
If we find sponsors, a (small) place in the picture could be dedicaced
to sponsors.
A question about availability of rollups and other promotion material
from Canonical (free or cheap) is sent the LoCo-teams Council agenda for
the next meeting (15/03). But such a solution will take months (8 months
for Ubuntu-banner).

3. Update Wiki and Web-site
  a. Wiki
- during the meeting last Tuesday (15/02), it was started with going
true the whole wiki first, making a BelgianTeam/Legacy page for all the
content from before 2010 (not yet with links), and an overview of what
was done is added at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/2011/FebruaryWikiCleanup. Further
information via the mailing list.

- A link “where to buy a laptop without MS Windows “ (to an outdated
page) has been added to the home page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam (see Material). This page needs to
be updated (see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/OsLessLaptopShops).
When updated, we might put that page inside ubuntu-be.org website.

  b. Web-site
- A contact-form is included in the web-site, as a way to contact
ubuntu-be (not for technical support),  see ”contact us” on the
website.  Questions are forwarded to the contact-group or to the press
contacts, according the category.
It is suggested to add the IRC channel (or chat) in the "contact-form"
as a possibility to contact ubuntu-be members (in general) about various
questions, coordination and organization of events.
Remark: the contact-group (see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/Website/Commercial_links) will act
as coordination-team.  A task description will be worked on and added in
the wiki, when agreed.

- Last week we pointed out that we need a page promoting our
actions/events in the web-site. The aim is to show what we do, hoping
that new volunteers will join. No proposals yet. It is suggested to
promote our work/hobby on Facebook, in the wiki and web-site.

4. Other questions
Nothing to report.

5. Next IRC meeting on Thursday 24/02/2011 at 21.00 hr.

--
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team