[Ubuntu-be] Massive Organized Wiki Update

wouter Vandenneucker woutervddn at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 01:34:24 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

The bug about the ToDo list on the wiki (and the rest of the wiki in general) has been 'Reported by Pierre Buyle on 2009-03-22'
So it's about time we get this bug closed.

At the last IRC meeting we were talking about updating some pages of the wiki and we agreed that it would be best to look at the whole wiki and to make an inventory of everything that is outdated. Therefor there will be an IRC meeting at 15/02/2011 at 20h (tomorrow that is..). In general we're only going to update the ToDo list on the 15th.

After that is done we can see how much work there really is and organize a Massive Organized Wiki Update, MOWU for short (I like acronyms).
Maybe the MOWU will be done in 1 evening or in several, maybe it will be done throughout a longer time. Maybe we'll do it together, maybe it's everyone on his own, we don't know it yet.
It will depend on how much work there really is.

I summarized the stages of the update:
- 15/02 @ 20h IRC meeting to update the ToDo list
- 15/02 & 16/02 converting the ToDo list to Bugs on the Launchpad.
- Organize the MOWU.

I'd like to invite everyone who's interested to come to the IRC meeting. For those who can't make it but are willing to help with the MOWU we'll keep you guys updated on the ML.
Once we have all the bugs on the launchpad it would be nice to see some people helping out on this.
Having 6 people to do it instead of 2 results in only 1/3th of the amount of work per person. That saves an enormous amount of time and effort.

grts

Wouter