[Ubuntu-be] Windows Tax

Robert Persson halfbeing at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:39:52 UTC 2011

Hello,

Does anyone here know how to get a refund on the Windows Tax in Belgium?

>From what I've read, in most countries, people looking for a refund go to
the manufacturer, but this can often be a very frustrating process. In
England and Wales however the Sale of Goods Act 2002 allows you to ask the
retailer for a replacement or refund for specific defective items in a
batch of goods, an EULA you didn't agree to at purchase being just such a
defective item. I've read that people have got refunds from retailers like
amazon.co.uk under this legislation without any fuss.

So what would be the best course of action in Belgium? The software in
question would be Windows 7 Starter, which probably isn't MS's most
expensive offering. Would I actually get enough money back to make it worth
all the hard work?

Many thanks
Robert