[Ubuntu-be] Report IRC meeting August 4, 2011

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Thu Aug 4 22:32:52 UTC 2011

participants (in random order): pvandewyngaerde, woutervddn, jurgentje,
ehj, clamam
== Events ==
=== Past events ===
=== Upcoming events ===
events between brackets: might not be tackled in this meeting - on the
page as a reminder.
   * 2011-09-17
[[http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2011/Belgium/Genk/Ubuntu-be%20Team%20Limburg?highlight=%28\bCategoryTeam2011\b%29
| SFD - Genk]]: in cooperation with Library - "digitale week" with
Ubuntu presentation. (maintainer: Claudio Mamarella)
   * 2011-09-17 SFD - brussels: ehj is looking to have a keysigning
party. Interacts well with the "freedom not fear" manifestation too.
    * (LanForce: 2012-04-06 to 2012-04-08) see
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings/Reports?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ubuntu-be-irc-meeting-2011-06-23-report.txt
| report 2011-06-23]] for details
     *  Rock Ternat: 2011-10-7 and 8: This year we probably won't be
able to participate due to contracts already being made. They are
sympathetic to the ideology and suggest we apply for next year. (ideas:
multiseat computer - Proximus offering online connection?)
=== Worth mentioning ===
* computer club Linux babbel (www.linuxbabbel.be) from Izegem often
talks about Ubuntu (among others)
== Promotion ==
=== Running projects ===
    * Roll-Ups: status (maintainer: Jurgen Gaeremyn) - still running.
Nothing happened (comparing prices).

Next meeting: August 18 - 21h00