[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 08/09/2010 – Report

stefan-coxputers stefan at coxputers.be
Mon Sep 27 20:08:39 BST 2010

I work in education too, but not as a teacher. I'm a fulltime ICT-co/Network
admin for a large school in Maaseik, and have been using Ubuntu for two
years now as my main OS. As many other people, I'm also looking to integrate
more Ubuntu or open source software in our schools, but it's a steep hill to
climb. We already use linux to some degree, but as a firewall, url filter,
... and recently I equipped our library with Ubuntu computers (nobody
noticed yet I think). With the recent change in MS-KIS 3, maybe schools will
be more motivated to make the switch.

As my own log, I used to keep a little site for reference. First as a blog,
but I turned it into a Joomla site. If interested, you can visit
http://ikwileencomputer.net/opensource. Work on the site has come to a halt,
since I became a father in April,but I want to keep posting and am looking
for others to contribute (as a blog, forum posts, upload of interesting
material - login with OpenID should be supported on my site).

Or maybe someone can provide an "education" section on the ubuntu-be site?

So, I'm willing to participate in the "Ubuntu in education" project ... but
from my computer, not to do presentations and so on....

Stefan