[Ubuntu-be] problem with non working flashplayer

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Wed Nov 24 15:32:39 GMT 2010

Bram Gadeyne schreef op zo 21-11-2010 om 10:31 [+0100]:
> A user of ubuntu 10.10 contacted me about some problem he discovered
> after installing the latest updates for ubuntu.
>
> When he wants to play a movie on some websites (using a flashplayer) the
> moviescreen remains black. The specific website here is
> www.deredactie.be. Other websites like Youtube.com seem to work fine. On
> my computer movies from www.deredactie.be work fine too (I'm using the
> 64 bit version of ubuntu).
>
> What we've tried so far:
> -deinstall + reinstall flashplugin-installer + reboot firefox
> -rebooting the system
> -installing an add-on in firefox
> (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/) which should
> reinstall the latest version of the flash player.
>
> Does anyone know something else that can be tried?

You can try the "developer preview" of the 64-bit flash plugin instead:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

If this is a single user system, then extracting the .tar.gz and copying
the plugin into ~/.mozilla/plugins/ is probably easiest, otherwise it
needs to be copied into the appropriate system directory.

--
Jan Claeys