[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 18/11/2010 – Report

jean7491-Events-Team jean7491 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:11:54 GMT 2010

IRC meeting 18/11/2010 – Report
Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, Clamam, massimo21,
sakhi__, woutervddn, Jean7491

Welkom sakhi_, from South Africa, and woutervddn !

1. Past and Future events - October - November - December 2010  ...
  a.  Dipro fair Gent, 14/11/2010
The fair was good, not very much gifts though. Everything went smooth,
with interessant contact with people about linux courses in Lokeren and
Ghent. Next fair in Ghent on 31/01/2011.
In general, we could try promotion of Ubuntu and events  through local
radios. New ideas ?

  b. Dipro fair Genk, 21/11/2010
Coordinator: Claudio, everything is ready. Additional volunteers are
still welcome.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Genk_2010-11-21

  c. Dipro fair Antwerp, 28/11/2010
Coordinator: Bram , team is almost OK, just final preparation is going on.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerp_2010-11-28

  d. Dipro fair Mechelen, 12/12/2010
Coordinator: nero, we need volunteers.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Mechelen_2010-12-12

  e. Dipro fair Leuven, 16/01/2011 - NEW LOCATION !
We need a new local team to organize our participation.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Leuven_2011-01-16

2. Promotion
  a. t-shirts for Ubuntu-be   (warddr is leading the project, but not
present)
We wait for initiative or call for a special meeting about this issue.

  b. Ubuntu and Education
On 09/11 in Ghent, Jan B. presented Ubuntu to students at UGhent.
See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/Education/UGhent_Open_Source-2010

  c. French press contact, Nicolas P. has resigned for personal reason.
We need a new point of contact with the french-speaking press.

3. Update Wiki Belgian Team: no information.

4. Support points map status
No new information from mongolito404 about map.
568 old support points did not register on the web-site to renew
commitment, despite a reminder mail.
60 old support points were registered on the web-site but did not renew
their commitment as support points (updated supporter profile), despite
a reminder mail.
Therefore, they were withdrawn from the list published on the web-site.
Actually, there are approximately 130 updated points of support listed
on the web-site : http://ubuntu-be.org/fr/supporters .

5. Next IRC meeting on Thursday 25/11/2010 at 21.00 hr.

--
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team