[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 20/01/2010 - report

Jan Bongaerts jbongaerts at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:07:32 GMT 2010

There is a good possibility I will be available at least one day for the H&C
days.
Whoever is organising the stand may contact me closer to the time.
jan.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Jurgen Gaeremyn <jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently attended my first dipro-stand where I was part of the
> Ubuntu-be team. I was then too asked to coordinate, as everyone was new.
> Afterwards, I asked not to put me in that place again, as I don't feel I
> can do this as it should be done (I'm bad at coordinating). I actually
> hope to be able to be around the stand one of the two days of the H&C
> days, but I can't even commit to being there the two days.
> I enjoy being on a stand and addressing people to introduce them to
> Ubuntu - my strengths are: I easily talk to people and I tend to
> have an intuition to understand their questions... I also tend to have
> (somewhat chaotic but creative) ideas every now and then... (oh yeah,
> and I'm convinced as a user)
>
> So I'm not the Linux expert, nor am I a great organizer... Luckily, on
> both of these terrains there are other people available too. I've got my
> hands full on getting my new job organized for the moment.
> I'll answer any questions I know the answer to, so ask ahead - but don't
> put me in that spot where I have to ask (myself) the questions (f.e.
> about how to organize)...
>
> Friendly regards,
> Jurgen.
>
> Op 21/01/2010 23:33, Jean7491 schreef:
> > IRC meeting 20/01/2010 – Report
> > Present at the meeting (in random order) : nero_, mimor, jean7491,
> > hfsdo, pvandewyngaerde, JanC, XiaoShiZi, ADcomp, zuzuzzzip, guydup,
> > mongolito404,
> >
> > e. Hobby&  Computerdagen (20/02/2010 – 21/02/2010)
> > HCC - regio Vlaanderen proposed Ubuntu-be a cooperation within their
> > booth (total length 16 m.)
> > http://www.hcc-vl.be/d001/content/hobby-en-computerdagen
> > A space (about 3m width) is reserved for Ubuntu-be and HCC-Vl proposes
> > to install a multiseat from from Linux-Service.
> > guydup suggests to use a multiseat with 2x 250cm in a 90° angle or in
> > square also:250x250cm with a big inflatable tux in the middle.
> > Volunteers: for the 2 days, we need 2 different teams of 3. nero and
> > jurgen (both members of HCC-Vl) will (likely) coordinate the teams. Who
> > (from Antwerp area is volunteer for this event.
> > Ubuntu-be can provide promotion material (posters, banners, flyers, and
> > s.o. - to be determined).
> > CD's: the stock of Canonical official CD's is very limited. It will be
> > necessary to burn CD-R's at home before the event. Question is where to
> > buy CD-R's at the best price ? Model of Ubuntu 9.10 CD sleeve (to be
> > home-printed on a white CD-sleeve) is available in the wiki
> > (
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=CD+jacket+9-10-Nl-+ubuntu-be.odg
> > )

Microsoft programs are like Englishmen. They only speak Microsoft.